We are concrete experts that specialise in high-performance concrete treatments. We have a wide range of concrete coatings and solutions. Not sure what you're looking for? To help you make the right choice, we've developed a coatings solution finder
that will help direct you to what you're looking for.
What is a concrete coating?
A concrete coating is a covering that can be applied to a concrete surface, usually to enhance its aesthetics, protect the concrete, and reduce the maintenance and repair required to preserve the concrete surfaces. It is typically a liquid or semi-liquid that can be applied to concrete floors.
Why use concrete coatings?
Concrete coatings can be used for a number of reasons. Some coatings can be used to change the appearance of the concrete, such as concrete paints that can be used for decorative concrete. Others are designed as a floor coating that protects the concrete. People often mistakingly think that concrete is indestructible, but left untreated and without a coating, it is a porous material that wears down and sometimes will likely eventually need concrete resurfacing in the future. For this reason, coatings are often used if the concrete is going to experience high traffic, whether by foot or vehicle. For example, if the ground needs to be petrol resistant in a garage or outdoor area there are special floor coatings to do this. Protecting your concrete surface with a coating will also reduce the regularity of maintenance that is required and extend the concrete's life.
Types of concrete coatings
There is a wide range of concrete coatings products on the market. Some of the most popular products include acrylic coatings that produce a thin film across the surface that protects the concrete and comes in both oil and water-based options. There are also polyurethane concrete coatings
, also available in oil and water-based solutions, that are usually thicker and more durable than average and ordinary coatings. Epoxy coatings are often the product of choice for scratch-resistance and colorful appearance, though they have a much longer drying time than other coatings.
Looking for concrete paint?
Wanting to change the look of your concrete or create some decorative concrete with concrete paint? If you are looking for concrete paint then what you are actually looking for is made up of epoxy coatings that are known for their colorful appearance or can have flecks of quartz or metallic flakes
through them. If you are looking for outdoor concrete paint, however, the decorative concrete solution may end up being a polyurethane coating. Polyurethane is used for concrete paint outdoor applications as it is stronger than epoxy in high UV exposure environments where an epoxy paint solution will not work. If you have your heart set on a specific look or colour and the construction has not started, however, it might even be a better option to consider a concrete dye to get the look you are going for. These construction solutions make the floor coatings process much easier and will give you a better range of coating options in the end.
Our range of concrete coatings
Our range of concrete coatings is wide and expansive. It includes everything from acid stains, anti-slip, anti-graffiti, epoxy floor coatings
, polyurethane coatings and more. Everything you could need for your concrete finish is available from our high-quality range of products and solutions.
- Concrete Acid Stain - Concrete acid stain is a unique product made with ethanol that provides a natural finish with a marbled look. It is the only concrete stain on the market that is not made with hydrochloric acid, meaning it is safer and has fewer fumes. Concrete staining can be used on existing concrete, stamped concrete, decorative finishes, and virtually any cementitious substrate like concrete driveways, floors, garages, and courtyards. To bring out the colour in your concrete stain, we recommend you seal it with a solvent-based product.
- Anti Graffiti - Our anti-graffiti product, Graffiti Shield, is a technically advanced, high-performing, environmentally friendly, water-based sealing. It is used to provide protection from permanent defamation on porous surfaces. It can be used as an application on a variety of substrate areas including terracotta surfaces, concrete walls, paths and driveways, clay pavers, sandstone, timber decking, grout, brick, and cement areas. No matter the project, an anti-graffiti protection finish can usually be applied.
- Epoxy Floor Coating - Epoxy floor products are generally made up of two parts that are mixed together. It sets into a hard, smooth surface that is resistant to chemicals and solvent and staining. It is ideal for use in garages and high traffic areas due to its durability and looks. You can choose from many different colours as either a straight roll coat or a seamless flake floor.
- Garage Coating Solutions - We have many products and brand options available for garage surfaces. The most popular choice is the epoxy range that is highly durable with many aesthetic options.
- Metallic, Flake and Quartz - Our selection of flake chips, metallic pigments and quartz offer different aesthetic finish options that are usually mixed into a sealer or epoxy solution.
- Polished Concrete - We have the best selection of concrete sealers and solutions for polished concrete surfaces. We have everything including diamond lubricant, grout, sealer and densifier.
- Polyaspartic Coating - Our polyaspartic coating is a two-part, rapid curing system for instant flooring. It has sufficient drying time to be rolled, brushed or sprayed on. It has a variety of colour options and mix-in possibilities with flake chips and quartz granules.
- Polyurethane Coating - A polyurethane sealer provides UV-stable sealing to concrete and timber substrates. It has a high gloss finish, low maintenance, heavy-duty, scuff and tyre resistance.
Our other products
We have a wide range of other useful concrete, flooring, and construction solutions available in our store. We have everything from application accessories, concrete testing systems, grinders, polishers, sanders, jackhammers, mixing equipment and more.
- Cleaning Products - We have a variety of cleaning solutions that can be used on a finished project or to strip sealers to prepare for a new finish or surface application. They include neutral and alkaline cleaners, phosphoric acid and sealer stripper.
- Concrete Dye - Concrete dye is designed to improve the appearance of a concrete floor. It is a high-strength solution that can be mixed with acetone or water to make concrete areas look more aesthetically pleasing than standard cement concrete. Dyes can be used to create a range of effects from subtle earth tones to vibrant hues.
- Solvents & Thinners - We have a wide range of solvents and thinners including acetone, phosphoric acid and sealer stripper. Each product has a variety of purposes to use for mixing other sealers or stripping others back for a new sealing.
- Swimming Pool Paint - Con-Treat's swimming pool paint has been the leading pool paint choice in Australia for over 20 years. It is easily applied, quick-drying, resistant to fungus and bacteria and extremely durable. It is easy to see why it is one of the most popular Australian pool options.
Not sure what you're looking for?
If you've got questions or need help deciding on a product, our team of expert professionals is here to help you find the best solution. We even have a coatings solution finder that you can use if you'd prefer to browse your options privately. Give us a call or use our online enquiry form to let us know how we can help you.