SureFloor HS Epoxy
SureFloor HS Epoxy is an extremely high solids solids (92%), two-pack epoxy. It is designed for applications demanding high structural integrity. A multi-purpose epoxy floor coating for roll on coats or seamless epoxy flake flooring base coats, exhibits excellent adhesion and high structural strengths.
SureFloor™ HS Epoxy has exceptional resistance to a wide variety of chemical spillage and fumes makes epoxy coatings ideal for use in heavy industry or marine environments, commercial and domestic projects. Con-Treat’s range of SureFloor™ Epoxy Floor Coatings are available in a variety of Australian standard colours and are blended in the batching process for even colour distribution, not as tint packs (which give colour variation).
Testimonial – “Hi Andrew and Teigan, thanks so much for your support to get the products and advice to me. The floor looks SENSATIONAL. I’m a very happy customer. I took the extra effort to grind the floor before I did the epoxy. Thanks.” Thomas Delgatto
- Easy to roll
- Highly chemical resistant
- Excellent adhesion
- High build application
- Ideal epoxy flake base coat
- To extend working times, get the epoxy out of the mixing bucket as quickly as possible by putting a “ribbon” on the floor straight away.
- Never mix a new batch of epoxy floor coating in the previous bucket as this will dramatically reduce the pot life. Use fresh buckets with each batch.
- If top coating with polyurethane, it is always advisable to do a 50/50 Methylated Spirits/Water wash prior to sanding. This will remove the possibility of any amine residue sitting on the surface, especially during low temperature applications.
- Only mix enough epoxy to work with for about 10-15 mins at a time.
- Pulp and paper mills
- Water storage tanks
- Food processing plants
- Domestic projects
- Commercial projects
- Seamless flake flooring
Can SureFloor HS be used over timber?
Yes, however due to timber expanding & contracting etc, it is not advisable. If it is done, then sand and prime with SurePrime 1st and ensure the timber is dry with no movement.
Can SureFloor HS be used over sheet metal?
Yes, etch with a grinder or wire brush 1st and then prime with a “zinc” rich metal primer.
Is SureFloor HS UV stable?
No, SureFloor HS Epoxy is not UV stable. If it receives a lot of UV light, then it is advisable to apply 2 x Fortis 519 Polyurethane top coats. Allow the epoxy to dry for a minimum of 20 hours and then wash with a 50/50 Methylated Spirits/Water solution to remove any amine residue. Mop the epoxy with clean water and allow to dry. Then sand with a 220# sandscreen and do another light wash with either xylene or acetone. Apply Fortis 519 as per instructions.