SureFloor Clear Epoxy
SureFloor™ Clear Epoxy is a high gloss, 100% solids, low viscosity, solvent free epoxy floor coating designed for application as a hard wearing surface over concrete. Integrating the latest technology, SureFloor Clear Epoxy combines the ease of application of epoxies with the toughness and wear resistance of acrylics.
Containing no solvents, SureFloor Clear Epoxy offers a safe alternative to conventional solvent based materials as well as being resistant to ultra violet degradation for internal behind window applications. SureFloor Clear is ideal as a ultra high gloss coating on it’s own or as a top coat over Metallic Epoxy Floors and Seamless Epoxy Flake Floors.
- Protection & enhancement of polished or ground concrete
- Metallic Epoxy Flooring Top Coat
- Clear sealer over Epoxy Flake Flooring
- 100% solids
- Easy to roll
- Low viscosity
- High gloss finish
- Solvent free
- Excellent abrasion and scratch resistance
- Low temperature cure
- To extend working times, get the epoxy out of the mixing bucket as quickly as possible by putting a “ribbon” on the floor straight away.
- Never mix a new batch of epoxy floor coating in the previous bucket as this will dramatically reduce the pot life. Use fresh buckets with each batch.
- If top coating with polyurethane, it is always advisable to do a 50/50 Methylated Spirits/Water wash prior to sanding. This will remove the possibility of any amine residue sitting on the surface, especially during low temperature applications.
- Only mix enough epoxy to work with for about 10-15 mins at a time.
Can the SureFloor Clear Epoxy be tinted?
It is not advisable to tint the SureFloor Clear Epoxy. If you need a coloured epoxy then use the pre-tinted SureFloor HS Epoxy.
Can Metallic pigments be added to SureFloor Clear Epoxy?
Yes, add metallic pigments at a rate of approx 300 grams per 12 ltr kit.
What is the minimum re-coat time?
SureFloor Clear Epoxy can be re-coated when it can be walked on without leaving any impressions. Generally around 12-18 hours, weather dependent.
Does SureFloor Clear Epoxy need to be sanded prior to re-coating?
No, if re-coating within a 12-18 hour period. If left for longer than this, then it will require sanding with a 220# sandpaper or screenback.