Mohs’ Hardness Test Kit
A Mohs’ Hardness Test Kit will determine the hardness of the concrete prior to grinding or polishing…
If you don’t know the hardness of the concrete, you won’t know what bond to use. If you use a soft bond diamond on soft concrete, they can disappear in 50m2. If you use a hard bond diamond on hard concrete then the machine just skates on the floor and the diamond tools will glaze over. Use a Mohs’ Hardness Test Kit to determine the hardness of the concrete before you begin.
How do you use the hardness picks?
Simply scratch a smooth surface of your material with the picks of various indicated hardness. As an example, if a No. 5 pick scratches the material, but a No. 4 pick does not, then your material’s hardness is 4.5
- Four double-ended picks with eight points comprising 2,3,4,5,6,7,8, and 9 on Mohs’ hardness scale
- A Glass Hardness Plate (hardness of about 5.5) which, when scratched, quickly distinguishes hard from soft minerals.
- A second Hardness Plate with a hardness value of 3.5.
- A 100 grit Grinding Stone to keep the points sharp.
- Streak Plate for testing a mineral’s streak color.
- Magnet to test magnetic rocks such as magnetite and pyrrhotite.
- An attractive and sturdy carry case for using picks at the job site.
- Hardness Table for 300 Minerals.
- Complete Instructions.