Fortis 526 Eco
Fortis 526 Eco is a water based, two pack, aliphatic polyurethane. It is non toxic, contains no harmful solvents and has no noxious odours. Fortis 526 Eco polyurethane is highly suitable when a heavy duty, long wearing gloss, satin or matt finish coating is required for Concrete, Timber or Cork flooring. Highly scratch and chemical resistant with a medium solids content. Easy to apply, washes up in water and is environmentally friendly.
Available in: 5ltr Gloss & 5ltr Satin
- Easy application
- Available in Gloss or Satin Finish
- Indoor / Outdoor Undercover
- No bleaching of timber
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Durable & scratch resistant
- A finish very similar to solvent based polyurethane
- Non yellowing, UV stable
- No solvents, No odour
- Excellent adhesion to Concrete & Timber
- Higher coat build than any other water based finish
- If applying to concrete that contains quartz aggregate, then use Fortis 520 Primer as the 1st coat.
- When applying a satin finish, always use a gloss as your 1st coat. The satin should always be the final coat only.
- Once mixed, pot life is approx 30 mins. Apply to substrate as soon as possible.
- Being a 2 pack, it generates heat, so the longer it is in the pot, the quicker it goes off.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the minimum re-coat time for Fortis 526?
In general, as soon as it is walkable, however in colder weather conditions allow up to 12 hours between coats.
After mixing, Fortis 526 it has turned a little bit like jelly?
Part A must be mixed 1st, then slowly pour part B into a vortex while still mixing part A.
Can Fortis 526 be used over self leveling compounds?
Yes, however the leveling compound must contain at least 15% silica and the 1st coat must be Fortis 520.
What is the mixing rate by weight
Approx 4.5:1 (Gloss) or 3.3:1 (Satin)