Densi Crete is 100% pure Colloidal Silica designed for the protection and polishing of concrete. It is used in both the domestic and commercial building sectors to; cure, waterproof, harden and purge oil etc from new or existing concrete while being environmentally friendly with zero VOC.
Densi Crete is used extensively in the polished concrete industry as a superior densifier. It is a Reactive Colloidal Silica that will also bond to its self, a property not found in any other silicate densifier’s. It allows Colloidal Silica to build up more density in the surface; making it less permeable to liquids, increases the surface hardness and making it withstand abrasion while allowing for a better polishing surface.
Densi Crete is a one coat application that deeply penetrates into the matrix of the concrete (up to 100 mm and beyond) providing permanent waterproofing and protection for the treated concrete. Densi Crete can be applied to either the positive or negative side of concrete structures and can withstand a minimum of 35mtr of hydro-static pressure. Treated areas can be worked over within 1 hour of installation without compromise to the product thus allowing minimal site disruption.
Note: CRACKS are always a problem for the installer. So often the client is asking for the installer to take risks and responsibility for repairing cracks that should be referred to the engineer or builder for a recommended crack repair procedure that takes away the responsibility of possible failure from the installer. This is especially the case in regards to structural cracking where the void is the full depth of the concrete. In this case, Densi Crete should be applied first before applying your normal crack repair system. In most cases, cracks are not full depth and are only micro or surface cracking, commonly caused by rapid surface drying or plastic shrinkage which would be not effect the efficiency or the result of Densi Crete. It is worth noting that Densi Crete is not designed or makes claim to fix cracks, however there are many applications where moisture has migrated through cracks of 1mm that have been eliminated permanently.
- Permanently waterproofs concrete
- Purges contamination and odours from old concrete
- Industries best cure & seal for newly placed concrete
- An effective and immediate halt to contaminant ingress from any direction
- Significantly increases concrete’s density
- Increases and reinforces concrete’s compression and flexural strengths
- Immediately significantly diminishes permeability of concrete
- Greatly lowers and eliminates water or gas vapour emissions
- Internally produces an effective permanent colloidal silicate barrier
- Effectively halts & prevents alkali-silicate reactions in new or old concrete
- Eliminates the potential for dusting on new or old concrete
- Provides additional surface abrasion resistance
- Increases surface bond quality without detriment to surface traction
- ASTM C-67-Section 7: Water Absorption – Water absorption decreased by 90%.
- ASTM C-67-Section 9: Suction – Rate of absorption decreased by approx 98%.
- ASTM C-67-Section 10: Efflorescence – Efflorescence and leaching eliminated.
- ASTM C-67-Section 65: ORF Method, Dusting Resistance – Four times more abrasion resistant.
- ASTM C-23-69: Artificial Weathering – Does not diminish treated concrete.
- ASTM C-140: Water Repellence Rating
- ASTM C-156: Water Retention
- ASTM C-309: Class A Curing Compound – Surpassed the test criteria.
- ASTM C-514: Permeability
- ASTM C-518: Thermal Conductivity – Thermal Resistance
- ASTM C-666: Freeze Thaw Resistance – Improves resistance to freeze-thaw damage
- ASTM C-856: Petro graphic Analysis – 50% greater density, resulting in less permeability.
- ASTM C-1664: Non-volatility
- ASTM D-327: Sulphate Durability
- ASTM D-2047: Slip Resistance – Wet and Dry testing showed concrete had better slip resistance.
- ASTM D-4541: Adhesion “Bond” Test
- ASTM D-5084: Hydraulic Conductivity (Permeability Test)
- ASTM E-96: Moisture Vapour Transmission – Effective barrier against water vapour emission, no loss of breathability.
- ASSHTO T259-80: Chloride Ion Penetration – Reduces chloride intrusion in hardened concrete.
- DIN-1048: Water Penetration – Significantly reduced depth of water penetration.
- CRD C-48-73: Hydrostatic Pressure Resistance – 45psi. Field experience has shown efficiency at near 300ft.
- CRD-52-54: Abrasion Resistance – Increased abrasion resistance.
- NCHRP 244: Reduction of Chloride Penetration
- NCHRP 244-Series IV: Moisture Vapour Transmission
- USDA Approved for food processing areas
- EPA Compliant
Frequently Asked Questions
Will Densi Crete stop the surface of the concrete from staining?
No, Densi Crete is an internal waterproofing agent that does not leave any surface residue; therefore it does not offer any resistance to surface staining.
Does the concrete need to be a certain age before applying Densi Crete?
No, Densi Crete can be applied to concrete of any age.
Can Densi Crete be roll applied?
No, Densi Crete must be applied using a airless sprayer, unless used at time of pour. If applied at time of pour then Densi Crete may be applied in any manner